Friday, March 14, 2008

Long Time,No Update

Mika had a dr appointment yesterday, mainly for a "weight check" since she had lost weight at her 6 month appointment. Her weight was awesome! 14lbs, .5oz!!! So she gained 2lbs, 4.5oz in a month on formula! Yeah! We can definitely see and feel a difference in her.

She has still been doing the gaspy thing, which, at the dr's request, I took a couple of videos of and brought in with us. The dr. told us that the chest x-rays we had taken were clear, so that is good news. She again quizzed me on how much she spits up, etc. The one thing I had noticed the last few weeks is sometimes she acts like she's spitting up, but swallows it back. So again, we are back to thinking this whole thing is caused by reflux. We are trying Mika on Previcid for 2 weeks, then going back in for a followup appointment. Basically, if the previcid cures the gaspy thing, we are pretty darn sure it's reflux and will go see a GI dr at that point to figure out how bad it is.

Otherwise, Mika is doing awesome!! She found her tongue this week, and is using it to make a LOT more sounds and combinations of sounds which is so cute! She is a really happy baby and now that she's slowing her growth spurt down she's back to sleeping about 9-10 hours a night, and we think she'll start weaning back further, so that'll be good!

As for me and our newest little one, we are doing great! Morning sickness found me last week, but I was expecting it. It's not that bad yet, but I'm not gonna jinx myself and think this is how it'll be the whole time! I go in for my next appointment the same day as Mika's followup, March 27, and I am hoping for an ultrasound so we can see a heartbeat! I am currently 7 weeks along (as of tomorrow!).

On a side note, it's snowing here. We already have about 8-10 inches and it's not slowing down! Zarik barely made it into work today, and we have no idea if we're going to get to go to the Hockey game we were planning on going to tonight. :( But yeah for snow!! I love it as long as I'm cozy inside! ;)

This picture was taken at a playdate at Focus on the Family. Mika's "playing" with her "friend" Ellie.

No comments: