Monday, February 18, 2008

Update on Us

Well, the Reglan didn't go over so well with me. Unfortunately I found out it's a depressive, which is not good for someone with a type of ADD that closely mirrors depression and anxiety. So I stopped that and it took a couple of days to get out of my system, but I am doing very well now. I am seeing a lactation consultant Wednesday morning and am starting Feungreek which is an herb that can help with milk production.

As for Mika, we have been pumping her full of solids. Unfortunately this has made her a very cranky li'l girl. She is suddenly not sleeping through the night. She also cries in between bites of food. I called the pediatrition this morning and told her about these recent developments. She is really sure now that it is Silent Reflux. That explains everything, including the gasping. We are keeping the Upper GI test appointment next Monday, and I can't remember exactly what she said, but I'm pretty sure we are also going to have to admit Mika to the hospital overnight and do another test that involves sticking a tube down her throat. I'm going to ask her more questions about that when she calls me Tuesday. She also wanted to put Mika on Prilosec, but the pharmacy didn't have the correct dosage, so they're having to call the pediatrition tomorrow to see what she wants to do. The reason she's wanting to do the medication before the test is that because of her gaspy thing, her biggest worry is that Mika may choke and apirate.

Please pray for us. I know this is not the end of the world or anything, but it's not easy to go through either.

1 comment:

Indie Artist said...

we are praying for you all!