Saturday, January 17, 2009

My first turkey ever!!

Thursday night marks another milestone in my life:

I cooked my first turkey by myself EVER!!!

And it was GOOD!

For the past 5 years Skywest has given Zarik a free turkey at Thanksgiving (in coupon form - we have to go and actually pick it out ourselves) Up until this last year we had either given the coupon away or thrown it away after it expired. Honestly, the thought of cooking such a big piece of meat intimidated me. Plus, I don't really like meat that resembles the live animal - just cut it up and give it to me, thank you very much.

This year, we bought a turkey with the intention of donating to Shanna's church for their big Thanksgiving Meal. By the time we were going to drop it off, though, they didn't need/want any more turkeys. So into our freezer it went. Since then we've been trying to figure out a time to cook it up, so this week, out of the freezer it came. After a day or two of looking up how Alton Brown cooks a turkey (he's my cooking hero!), I pulled it all together and we had turkey!!

If you can't tell, I am proud of myself. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you too!!
Love Yo Momma