Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Cleaning Vent

I really hate cleaning.

Don't get me wrong, I like things to be clean, I just hate the process of getting them that way.

Yesterday we did a big "spring cleaning". Oh joy. Zarik even comments a couple hours in "Man, you get really ornery when I make you clean."

Yes. Yes I do.

When we were first married, laundry would give me panic attacks. No joke. And suddenly last week we were discussing (maybe a little heatedly) chores, stress levels, etc, and Zarik comes out with "but I left you laundry and dishes because you like those things". Like those things? LIKE those things? At what point in the past 7 years did I start to like laundry and dishes!?

So, yes, I get a little ornery when I have to clean.

I think part of it is the "frustrated perfectionist" piece of me. When I start something I want to do it perfectly. But as I go, I undoubtedly will see more that has to be done within the task I am doing. ie: I am cleaning the kitchen and notice the cabinets need to be washed down. So I wash them down and notice the drawers need to be cleaned out. I clean them out and notice the backsplashes need to be scrubbed. I scrub those and notice the fridge needs to be wiped down. You get the idea. And I get depressed and feel a bit like a failure when I can't get to all that. I know I'm not, but it definately doesn't make me feel better. So I tend to avoid cleaning when I can. Especially a full day of it in many different rooms where I end up noticing all the litle things.

Whew. That felt good to get off my chest. I'm done venting now

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please continue praying for little Stellan. You can go and visit MckMama's blog for updates by clicking on the "Praying for Stellan" button on my left sidebar. The li'l guy is still in SVT and they aren't sure why. I thank you and MckMama and Stellan thank you too.

No comments: